2008年3月5日 星期三

The cruelty of the world war II

This Wednesday night, I had seen a movie which described German twin sisters who were seperated because of the death of their parents and both of them lived different lives since then. The older sister, living in a poor farm with their uncle in Germany became a child labor and sometimes was even abused by their uncle. On the contrary, her younger sister, living with their rich relatives in Holland received good education and enjoyed a high living standard.They were forced not to see each other until they grew up in their twienties. Although they finally saw each other, something just happened in their relationship which later became a boundary between them.

Then I realized it's the boundary of culture differences and racial discrimination. When they saw each other, they saw the differences between them. For instance, when Lisa, the younger sister gave the photo of her Jewish fiance to Rotter, her older sister, she was stunned for a moment because of his race. At that time, German Nazi slaughtered Jewish people. In addition, German people were full of superiority among all the races. Moreover when German army attacked Holland without notice, Lisa's fiance was captured by German army and was taken to a concentration camp. After a period of time, Lisa recieved the news of his death caused by the toxic gas experiment. On the other side, Rotter's husband died because of the war, too. Both of them fell into deep grief, especially Lisa, who at the same time was a German, too. She struggled not only with her morality but also with the blood inheritance from her German father. These horrible issues are all aroused by the war; therefore, war brings no good for human. After seeing the movie, I witness the great tragedy which comes during the war and I am so glad that I do not experience the war time.

沒有留言: